{ Search The Blog }

Friday, July 18, 2014

Off The Curb: Dining Chairs



I found these beauts (a pair of two) along side the curb on trash day- my favorite day, might I add.
Of course I snagged them up- despite the broken seats.
With my husbands handy work- he repaired them with glue.
Once the glue was dry he spent a couple hours each night sanding them down.

He probably spent a total of 8 hours sanding these chairs.
Once the chair was completely sanded down-
Corey taped off the areas we wanted silver.
(Rustoleum- Metallic Silver)

"Dipped" Legs
The chair back
Then we painted the rest with a deep blue/gray
from Valspar called:
Blindfold #4007-2C

Here is the finished chair!
And to top it off -- this was my husband's first wood work project- we are very proud of how it turned out.
And can't wait to have the second one finished.
I will also be making a seat cushion for the pair. I am planning a fun print to add some more color to our dining room/kitchen.
I will post the "How - To" on that as well.
Items Needed:
Wood glue
Metal brackets/screws (to reinforce seat of chair)
Electric and hand sander & multiple grades of paper
Paint & brush
(for the metallic paint- we just used a can of spray paint- worked great)

No comments:

Post a Comment